Sunday, November 13, 2005

Life at TECH

The sun rays were scorching the rocks. I opened my eyes into the bright sunlight. My hands were slowly turning numb from the lack of blood flow. I looked up to my wrist that was gripping the small crevice in the rock for grip. The other arm was searching for another spot to pull myself up towards the rock. I looked at the abysmal depth below me. It was well over 3000 feet and a fall from here would ensure that none of my bones remained intact, making my corpse easier for the vultures to eat.

With sweat all over my body and the sleeveless T, I turned slowly to the left balancing myself to see how my partner was doing (aka MI2 Opening Scene). Tom Cruise was missing on the left. He had gone up. I looked up and found him on the right side above me standing on a small shelf like extension. I raised my free arm towards him looking for his support. Tom Cruise bent down towards me and said “YERANGU DA… TIME AACHU” (its time…get down). What The …???? I was dumbfounded for two reasons… Tom Cruise was talking in tamil!!! And more than that he was asking me to get down!!! Has he gone mad?? Or has he found out that I am the super spy from RAW assigned to kill him. So all this mountain climbing idea by him was just to kill me???

Suddenly Tom Cruise crouched down… and said, “YENNADA PAAKKARA?? YERANGUDA!!!” and kicked me heavily on the head with his leg. I closed my eyes as I started falling down from the rocks in the Grand Canyon. I felt another thump on my head and I opened my eyes,but…

I saw my roomie DJ standing in front of me… I shook my head and I came to the real world. He said, “Its 1145..get ready…Mess will open soon..”. CRAP!!! It was just a dream!! I heaved a big sigh and got down from my bunker. The bunker was one of my favorite spots during college… right below the fan in the fifth floor… in cbe… you cannot ask for something better. I used to drift off to sleep in seconds in my bunker… double bedded.. Courtesy: JAZZ… who was on leave and I was using his bed also…

Alright, if u are wondering what I am trying to type in here… I just got a bit nostalgic about the college. That’s all.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger KD SAGT...

Rock climbing in Grand Canyon huh? I guess if you had had a little more time in that dream, you would bungee-jumped or sky dived into that river in Canyon (may be with Vind-Diesel) and gone rafting in (may be with Tom Hanks)

P.S. Was it 11.45 a.m.???

7:48 AM  
Blogger Arjun.C.N SAGT...

hey KD

yup it is 1145AM... cos we had college only from 4-8 in the evening... sandwich u see!!!

6:20 PM  
Blogger Tyagarajan S SAGT...

Spammers in ur comments!! Use word verification da.....

6:27 AM  
Blogger Divya SAGT...

Hey Arjun...
lol..funny..write more on ur techxperiences, would b nice na...
good going..

9:53 PM  
Blogger Divya SAGT...

and yes as raju says, turn on the word verification...

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home