Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Canada part 2

So we got bored with the street-car loaded Toronto city life and decided to get back on the road and head for Niagara. The falls looks majestic from the top of the Horse-shoe falls. But I cant watch water falling down for a long time. So we decided to head back to the states and get back home a day earlier than planned. The drive back home was spent sleeping in the back seat. I had not slept for the past three nights.. so. But heard the drive was troubled with hailstorms and heavy rain all over Newyork state (spoiling our impromptu plan to stop over at Ithaca) and Mass. Back home in the wee hours and back to one week of routine life at work.

My excitement was growing out of control ad the week progressed as we were getting ready for F1 and Montreal. The day arrived and this time were tripping in the beamer. I had promised to get to Montreal in 4 hours max as we had to start late. So it was a blinding drive all thro Vermont. The state of Vermont has unmarked patrol vehicles but I knew the game now well enough to not get caught. So I was constantly clocking 120mph(194kmph) and reached the Derby line in just under 2 hours. From then on it was real berserk thro the Canadian Highways.And we were in Montreal much ahead of schedule. J. So after checking in at the Youth Hostel (Hell yeah!!! The place was awesome. Thanks to some comedy by Manu and his girlfriend was super nice to Me) we headed straight for Rue St Catherine. After a half cooked – supposed to be Indian food – at the so called Indian Palace, we headed into the place for some action. Not knowing French was a big mistake in Montreal.

Being single and eager get into a party scene, we cornered a French woman – who knew very little english. She was kind enough to give us a custom map to some clubs in the place. But little did we know wat was running in her mind when she drew the map. So we trailed the map and finally reached the club. Whilst crossing the door, I saw 2 guys kissing each other and since it was normal here, I dint think of anything. But as soon as we landed up inside, the club was almost devoid of girls. There was a dirty Ba$%^%^ who gave a filthy look at me. Then something fired up inside my brain and connected the dots. The stupid brain was working overtime to digest the half cooked meal I had sometime earlier and wasn’t firing on all cylinders. But when it fired up, I was already a good 200 meters from that place. Yes I had made an official visit to a Gay Pub in Montreal.

After effects of the previous night made me cautious of the crowd around me inside the Circuit. I am not gonna say about the race or F1 part of the trip. As most of you know, I have been ranting about it for a long time. So I will stop my blabber right here right now.

The Cityscapes are the next series of blogs – a brief description of the cities I have set foot on. Until then… Au revoir. A la Fontaine(or something like that... dont know wat that means... but the French caretaker at the hostel told us before we left)!!!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home