Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Canada Part 1

Living so close the border and F1 happening some 4 hours from my house was not the only motivation for making a trip to Canada. There were some GUY-FACTORS involved too. (I meant the driving u #$^%$^ minds!!!). The drive was simply amazing. We made 2 trips. Once to Toronto – Ottawa – Niagara and then again to Montreal.

The Toronto-Ottawa trip was the longest road trip I ever did in my life. And wisely I decided to rest my babe for that one and we took the spanking new Accord. Though it lacked the power and punch of my beamer, it was fun driving the big car. Especially cos it was new. The owner sat next to me and kept his eyes fixed on the Tacho (I clocked 115mph – 185kmph) all thro the trip!!! But after some time I had to give up the speed and stick to the 100kmph speed limits cos of the stupid traffic near Montreal and on the worlds busiest highway that has like a zillion lanes on either side (actually 14 lanes on each side) Also the insects martyring themselves on the windshield was really pissing me off cos u cant really use the wiper to clean em. That will only make things worse. It was nice that Canada gas pumps had full service just like India. We cud get it cleaned every now and then!!!

First stop was Ottawa. Its really sleepy city but very clean and orderly. York St night life just rocks!!! Too many Indians were around too. The Lebanese food places were mind blowing!!! But we spent only the night and the early morning to visit the Flight Museum there. Museum was the main agenda and I was more than eager to be there for a long time. The collection is too gud and you have to be there to believe it. Awesome place.

Next stop Toronto. Again a sprawling metropolis with too many Indians. There is nothing really to luk for in Toronto except the CN tower. The glass floor was gud fun in the CN tower. The only place worthwhile talking a walk and enjoying the evening is Kings street with the long line of Restaurants and Clubs. But the place we stayed was a new experience. We planned to ditch the boring and over formal NA hotels and holed up in youth hostels. I wud say U can never see people from all over the world in one place. And its all co-ed. (With drinking allowed.. need I ask for more???)

To be continued in the next post....

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home