Thursday, October 21, 2004

Books, books, books..

Im a big book lover. I simply love books in all forms and shapes. And I dont restrain myself to any genre. The only bias I have in this area being my unfavorable disposition towards text books ... But that point aside, the fact remains that Im extremely proud of my reading skills, and my tolerance for all kinds of books. I have tried popular fiction, sci-fi, philosophy, management,magazines, comics, fantasy and every other genre of book I can lay my hand on.And I generally have a very high tolerance for books and a great respect for authors..any author.After all writing is not that easy.
The latest reading i did was "The Da Vinci Code" by Dan Brown.It comes under Popular Fiction.But the guy is quite a genius..or maybe he employed people around the world to get him the details...who knows...these guys make a fortune with every book they write n get it published...Gives a lot of details about the Louvre...the worlds largest Museum...and this guy hates Catholicsm i suppose...never steps out of the line...clever way to express his expression against the church and the people...
The Hero, Robert Langdon is old..somewhere in his 40's...man...thats bad for the pace the story moves...and the clues were good...but an ordinary mind can break it very easily...i cud break most of them...left me wondering why these people are so stupid not to break the clues...and made the book so popular...i'm not against the book by the way...but given the hype ... it certainly deserved much lesser than that....
Lots of details to the brotherhood..paintings...but good research...and guts to come out against the God's servants...
My friend Annoo said thats a good book...chance a illa...and the very same day...when i was planning to buy it from somewhere...
corrupted place...but thats the way it is...lets drop it...
try to get a hand on this one...hope u 'll enjoy...
my current reading is on "Angels and Demons" by the same author...will give my comments once i complete...
got to do some work...catch up with u guys later...

2 Comments:

Blogger Tyagarajan S SAGT...

dai....first of all....da vinci coe is not just hyped....but it is also one of the largest best seller of mordern times..after harry potter...so the hype.....i accept u cud break the codes...but then many could not.....thats not just be coz they r stupid but they dont try....a good story is to enjoy...go with the flow...and not try to outthink the author!!!!

2:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous SAGT...

Try HP...It IS good

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home